Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Activity 2 - DHMO

Would you give DHMO to your mother?
- No I would not. DHMO is found in explosives and poisonous compounds like Sulfuric Acid.
- Yes if it really means water.

-This question related to the Scientific Method. First I would have to ask the question "What is DHMO?" Secondly I would have to research it to find out what it is and how it could affect humans. After I find the information that I need about DHMO I can form a hypothesis. My hypothesis is that since DHMO is found in poisonous compounds and explosives I would not want to give it to my mother. Testing this on my mother would be a bad idea just in case there would be harmful affects. I would want to further research it see if there were any studies done where scientists maybe tested it on a rat or something. I would need to continue to test and research until I came up with a conclusion of whether or not it is harmful for people. After reading more I can see that DHMO is not so harmful  in small doses however I would still not want to give it to my mother.

Do you think the Government should research to better understand health affects of DHMO.
- Yes. There are a lot of terrible things that occur from DHMO and I for one have never even heard of it. I think at the very least they should be letting people know about DHMO and how it can harm you and others around you. Educating the people is the very least that they could do.
- No. If it really means water.

No comments:

Post a Comment