Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Activity 1 - How do I learn?

Describe something that you have learned. How did that process occur?

One of the most important things that I have learned is how to drive a car. This is something that I do several times a day because I am one of those people that cant sit still for very long. I began driving when I got my temps when I was 15. With your temps you have to have a parent in the car with you when you drive. When I was 16 I was able to get my license so I went the day after my birthday. When I think about what this process was, I go back to when I was very little. I used to sit on my dads lap and help him steer the wheel out in the country in my grandparents driveway. I would also pretend to drive when I was in the passenger seat. So the process began by little steps when I was younger. Eventually when I was 15 and could legally drive along with a parent, I practiced everyday. I am the kind of person that learns better by doing things. Since driving is a "hands on" activity, it was fun and easy for me to learn. Along with practicing with my mom and dad, I had a class provided in my high school called " Driver's Ed." This class was all about the rules, laws, and things like who has the right away. After a certain amount of time in the class the instructor took us driving during our study hall. Eventually after I passed that class I was well practiced and prepared for my driving test. When it came to the driving test I passed with flying colors. As I mentioned earlier, I drive several times a day, but there are still times when I need to think back to that class to make sure I'm doing everything right. I do not think that the learning process ever ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment